Sunday 8 April 2012

Military Madness

Creating an outfit, is like creating art. Every time you get dressed, it builds an image which everyone around you sees. Being able to switch up my style from very preppy, to edgier, to military inspired etc. allows me to recreate myself whenever I want. The same goes for you! Just because you normally dress in a certain style, doesn't mean you can't try something new. With a few fun pieces, great accessories, and even hair styles, you can project a new confidence, attitude, or lifestyle in the blink of an eye!
I have a pair of amazing vintage military inspire boots which I love to throw on to give a little edge to any outfit. Wearing olive tones, greens, browns and distressed blacks always gives a good military feel as well.


Using very minimal accents, and a few little tweaks (tucking pants into boots) I was able to create a military look out of a basic white top & simple black skinnies. 

Once again, I created a military feel with sticking to certain colors and tones such as olives, browns, creams etc. Throwing on a great vintage jacket with epaulettes and a few button accents is always a great touch as well.

With the help of some vintage boots, a darker tee & a simple belt, I was able to transform a pair of summery pants (previously used to create a very nautical look) into an edgier, military look with a twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment